White chocolate Rice Crispy Bars
I’ve been testing out recipes to recreate healthy rice crispy buns (one of my childhood favourites!) for a long time and finally cracked it. These healthy rice crispy bars are perfect clean treats for kids and trust me, your kids won’t be able to tell the difference from the sugar coated version. Get the kids involved in making these as they are simple to make, you just need some patience to allow them to set properly before digging in 🙂
Cooks in 120 Minutes
- 230g cacao butter
- 180g cashew butter
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup or Stevia (if granulated blend in a Nutri Bullet to make it a powder)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla seeds (optional)
- 80g organic rice puffs
- Melt the cacao butter over a very low heat or using bain au marie technique.
- Once melted, add in the cashew butter, maple and vanilla seeds, transfer the mix to a blender or Nutri Bullet and pulse until smooth to form the white chocolate mix.
- In a mixing bowl, add the white chocolate mix and rice puffs and stir to combine.
- Press into a lined long rectangle tin and press down firmly to create and even top.
- Place in the freezer or fridge to set.
- I recommend using the freezer, after 1.5 hours they were ready to be eaten. Don’t worry if you leave them in longer as they don’t freeze over.