Pecan & Caramel Cookies
Looking for a healthy cookie recipe with a sweet caramel twist? This combination of sweet caramel and chewy pecan nuts is impossible to resist. These salted caramel pecan cookies is definitely one of my favourite recipes I’ve baked recently and they couldn’t have been any easier either! You don’t need a little patience to allow them to set properly but trust me these are really worth the wait. Enjoy 🙂
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 250g pecans
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple or honey
- 4 dried dates chopped
- 1 tbsp. ground almond
- 3/4 tsp. xanthan gum or baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla seeds or essence
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 2 tbsp. maple
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- pinch sea slat
- 20g broken pecans
- Preheat oven 180°C
- Mill the pecans into a flour using a food processor or Nutri Bullet.
- Tip the flour into a bowl and add the ground almond, coconut oil, maple, baking agent and vanilla.
- Using your hands mix into a a dough.
- Stir in the chopped dates.
- Take sections and roll into balls.
- On a lined flat baking tray, press down each dough ball into a round cookie 1/4 cm thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and don’t touch – let cool completely. They only set 20-30 minutes after removing from the oven during the cooling process, so if you try lift them they will fall apart.
- While they are cooling, make the caramel. Combine the almond butter, coconut oil and maple in a small sauce pan together over medium heat.
- Stirring all the time, there should be no separation between the ingredients.
- Bring the pot to a simmer and let the caramel thicken (2-3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle the cookies in the caramel sprinkle with the left over pecans and let the caramel set.