Happy National Vegetarian week, why not join the Veggie challenge and eat like a VEGGIE – one meal, one day, one week! To Celebrate & kickstart National Vegetarian week here is a great veggie BBQ alternative. Perfect for those of you who tend to have rice left over & of course like beetroot. The burger buns are a must it takes precision baking so don’t cut any corners! Dont forget ﹟IrishVegWeek
Beetroot,Balsamic & Brown rice VEGGIE burgers
*makes 6 burgers
- 250g cooked beetroot
- 300g cooked brown rice
- Handful fresh thyme
- Handful fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp toasted seeds
- tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- Preheat oven 190ºC
- Start by grating the cooked beetroot and adding to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the rice, chopped herbs and all other ingredients.
- Combine well using your hands.
- Mould into your burgers and place on a lined baking tray.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 4 tbsp physillium husk
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 egg & 2 egg whites
- Begin by grounding the almonds (using a food processor or alternatively buy ground almond).
- Stir in all dry ingredients, except for the chia, & pumpkin seeds.
- Using a fork stir in the eggs quickly when combined pour in the water and stir until smooth (work quickly to avoid lumps)
- Fold in the chia seeds.
- Rubbing a little olive oil in your hands make small dough balls with your batter.
- Place on a lined baking tray, pressing the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes, 50 minutes at & the last 10
*Serve with sweet potato fries, mashed avocado & rocket.