Tropical Berry Parfait
Oh so simple, Oh so tasty!
When teaming up with Alpro for this awesome new product I wanted to create realistic and no fuss recipes suitable for busy bodies and those who may lack confidence in the kitchen. Creating a delicious dessert doesn’t have to be hard and I love products like Alpro’s new plant-based ice cream range which makes eating better *that bit easier and fun!
I love making this for a refreshing summer dessert, I tend to make all the sections and keep them separate and assemble just before eating. It’s a great one for a summer BBQ or for family gathering and don’t worry, the assembly is a doddle!
The combination of the berry sauce with the cold smooth creamy ice cream and the crunchy nuts is a sure show stopper and crowd pleaser. You can really make this recipe your own by swapping and switching in your favourite nuts or fruit (or one that suits what you already have in your kitchen). Don’t forget to tag me and #AlproIceCream in your recreations!
Cooks in 15 Minutes
- 4 scoops Alpro Coconut Ice Cream
- 100g frozen or fresh berries
- Juice of 1 lime
- 40g mixed nuts – I used cashews, brazil and flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds – I used black but regular are delicious here too
- 2 mint leaves
- Start by toasting your nuts (10 minutes in a preheated oven at 200°C). Tossing in between to toast evenly or dry toast in a pan on the hob.
- While these are toasting, place the berries in a small pot over medium heat and cook until dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Spoon in a tbsp. of berry sauce into each glass or jar, next add a scoop of Alpro Coconut Ice Cream followed by another tbsp. of berry sauce and another scoop of Alpro Coconut Ice Cream .
- Once the nuts are toasted, lightly chop or crush using a pestle and mortar to break them up a little.
- Scatter over the nuts and sesame seeds dividing between the two glasses and finish with a mint leaf!
*Alpro Ice Cream contains 30% less sugars and saturated fats than the market reference in ice cream.