Burrito Cabbage Wrap
We all know a burrito fanatic. Show them some love and make them this mouth-watering doppelgänger. This recipe makes just one wrap, so if you have a healthy appetite, be sure to scale it up.
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 100g minced turkey breast
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 large leaf of Savoy cabbage
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 3 tbsp. cauliflower rice or leftover cooked quinoa
- red pepper sauce
- black bean dip
- Boil or steam the sweet potato just until it’s cooked through and tender. Mash until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the minced turkey, smoked paprika and some salt and pepper and cook for 8 minutes, stirring to break up the mince, until the mince is fully cooked. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon, leaving behind any excess fat or water.
- Spread the cabbage leaf out flat on a board. Spoon 1 tablespoon of sweet potato mash, the cooked turkey mince, the diced avocado and the cauliflower rice or quinoa down the centre of the cabbage leaf.
- Drizzle over a little red pepper sauce and add a few spoonfuls of black bean dip. You can either pile on the filling and eat it with a fork, or put on a little less filling and roll it up like a burrito by first folding in the sides, then folding in the bottom and rolling it all up tightly towards the open end at the top.
- Cut the burrito in half on the diagonal to serve.