The Coconut Collaboration
Those of you who follow me on social media may have spotted that I have become the ambassador for Naked Coconut Water and they are the official drink of the Dublin Fashion Festival, Yay!
I’m rarely seen without a coconut water in hand, and the same goes for most Dublin models which makes the alliance of Naked Coconut Water and DFF a blessing to our ears during the week long festival….
As one of my Naked Coconut Water ambassadors duties I held a media morning, involving some chatting and some feeding ..of course, We discussed the changing role of health in the fashion industry and also with a mega give away – A trip to Milan fashion week!
I know … I was very upset I couldn’t be in with a chance to win. But don’t worry if you missed out on the event we do have one more planned, Its free, fun and you can sit on some deck chairs sipping coconut water… rain, hail or snow- PRAY FOR US!
I will be hosting the Past, Present and Future of Irish Fashion this Sunday (13th) in the Castle Market aka the Creative Quarter (between George’s St Arcade and Powerscourt Townhouse) from 2 pm!
It will be a laid back outdoor event with great tunes and time-travelling fashion, so pull up a Naked Coconut Water deck chair and enjoy some of Dublin best vintage fashion! Keep up to date with the festival by following @nakedjuiceirl on twitter!
Now back to the food… I posted some pictures of my recipes for the breakfast morning incorporating coconut water, and its only fair that I shared them! First up we have my favourite breakfast on the go!
I’m using Naked Coconut Water here as my liquid, naturally sweet it gives porridge that missing link ….a we all get bored of porridge its time to give it a revamp, and coconut water does this perfectly! A powerful Breakfast to Fuel you for the day!
- 45g oats
- 250 ml coconut water
- 15g goji berries or other chopped dried fruit
- 10g flaxseed
- 15g toasted & chopped nuts or seeds to garnish
- Place the oats, dried fruit and flaxseed into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour in the coconut water and once again give a good stir.
- Let sit overnight refrigerated, serve the next morning with a sprinkle of chopped nuts.
It wouldn’t be a Natural Born Feeder party with out something to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Banana & Pecan Muffins:
Makes 6 large muffins
- 100g wholemeal spelt
- 80g jumbo oats
- 2 large bananas
- 9 medjool dates
- 100ml coconut water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100g pecans – broken
- 15g banana chips – broken
- 2 tbsp honey/coconut sugar to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- In a food processor or nutribullet pour in the oats and blend into a flour, remove and place into a mixing bowl along with the spelt flour, and baking soda.
- Clean the food processor and combine the pitted medjool dates,vanilla essence, cinnamon and coconut water and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Pour this paste into the mixing bowl and combine using a spoon.
- Using a fork mash the bananas and mix into your batter.
- Fold in half of the pecans.
- Spoon approx 2 tbsp of batter in to each mould and garnish with a nice helping of pecans, banana chips and a drizzle or sprinkling of honey.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Hopefully see you Sunday! Dont forget to hashtag #nakedcoconutwater