Sweet Potato & Orange Breakfast Muffins
Getting up and preparing yourself for the day ahead is a struggle alone never mind having to make breakfast for everyone else and ensuring they get the perfect start. Those extra 5 minutes in bed can be vital, plus knowing you have breakfast sorted can make falling asleep that little bit easier. I have taken ingredients that are inexpensive and found in almost every shop to ensure this is a stress free recipe!
Serves 8 muffins
Cooks in Minutes
- 200g oats
- 1 small sweet potato- PEELED AND STEAMED
- 30g pecans or other nut of preference
- 1 orange – the zest and juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- tsp vanilla extract
- Optional – Top with extra pecans and a sprinkling of coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180ºc
- First divide the oats evenly, so 100g and 100g. Place 100g into a food processor or nutribullet and blend into fine flour, Remove and place to one side.
- Place the steamed sweet potato into a food processor or nutribullet and blend until smooth, alternatively mash vigorously until pureed.
- Place the oat flakes and oat flour into a bowl, stir in the pureed sweet potato, orange juice, honey, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the zest, and pecans.
use bun cases or grease the bun tins using coconut oil. Spoon roughly 2 tbsp of mixture into each.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until golden brown on to and firm, let sit to one side and cool fully (fully people we don’t want soggy buns) before storing in a container for up to 5 days.