The All in One Veggie Bread
The answer to an easy lunch option for all those VEGGIE DODGERS!
When it comes to packed lunches we want convenience, inexpensive and of course something healthy & filling, more than not these usually are hard to do all at once. Sandwiches a simple and staple element that makes up any lunch box…. but you need the bread then all the fillings and so on…..the effort! I created a bread that has it all… a slice or two and that’s all you need , packed full of veggies and flavour its a meal in itself. Perfect for the working mum and her fussy little eater
Cooks in Minutes
- 230g ground almond
- 55g Tapioca flour – available in larger supermarkets, health store- great binder for gluten free baking
- 1/2 a medium courgette- grated with skin on
- 1/2 a medium sweet potato or 1 small sweet potato- peeled and steamed
- 2 scallions finely diced
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves chopped roughly
- 3 eggs
- 60g seeds – I used a mix of pumpkin and sunflower
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
Optional “ADD ONS”
- 60g roughly chopped feta
- 100g diced lean cooked ham
- 75g grated parmesan
- 8 sun dried tomatoes chopped finely
- Rosemary – Thyme, Chives, Sage
- Sweet potato – Butternut squash
- Courgette; Broccoli finely diced
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- First, Place the ground almonds, tapioca and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the egg into the dry ingredients and mix using a fork until fully combined.
- Next , puree your steamed sweet potato, mashing well using a fork (a bit of an arm workout). Stir this in to the mix.
- Toss in the scallions, courgette, seeds and rosemary (plus any other additions from the list) and fold in using a spoon or fork to make sure its evenly mixed. It should be a heavy, wet mix.
- Line a 2lbs bread tin and spoon in the mix, evening out the top using a fork.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until hard on top and browned. Remove and let cool full before removing from the tin and served. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Delicious toasted with some smashed avocado!