Sweet Potato & Chickpea Fritters
Breakfast? Sorted! I have to say this is the greatest way to start the day. These fritters are perfect served alongside some soft poached eggs. I like to make the mix the night before so its ready to cook the next morning. I picked up some handy silicone egg poaching pods which makes poaching super easy.
Cooks in Minutes
- 300g Sweet Potato (peeled & grated)
- 280g chickpeas (drained)
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 clove of Garlic Crushed
- 1 Egg
- 50g Whole Almonds or Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp. herbamare (or salt and pepper with mixed herb)
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- An oven proof frying pan.
- Place the chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, egg, almonds and herbs in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in half the grated sweet potato and blend once more until almost smooth.
- Stir in the remaining grated sweet potato.
- Prepare a the frying pan over medium to high heat and place on a little coconut oil.
- Spoon 2 tbsp. of mixture onto the pan and press down 1 inch thick.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until it begins to crisp around the edges.
- Carefully Flip to the other side and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve under a bed of ripe avocado, cherry tomatoes, poached egg and sprouts.