This low calorie Super Food Porridge is bursting with flavour. I love porridge but sometimes it can get a little boring so I always try different ways of mixing it up and this was a winner. When you read the ingredients it doesn’t sound like the best combination but don’t knock it until you try it.
Cooks in 15 Minutes
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 50g oats
- 200ml unsweetened Almond milk
- 1 egg white
- 1.5 large courgette (grated)
- 1 tbsp. supergreens/spirulina or chlorella
- 1 tbsp. raw honey or stevia
- Bee Pollen
- Goji Berries
- Mint Leaves/Basil
- Nuts of choice
- Grate the courgette and set aside, separate the egg white and egg yolk and set the egg white aside (if using).
- Place a small size saucepan over medium heat, add the coconut oil.
- Once the coconut oil is melted toss in the oats and stir for a moment, toasting a little.
- Pour in the almond milk and continue to stir until its about 50% cooked, then add in the grated courgette – keep stirring until your oats reach your desired consistency (runny or think – however you like it).
- Remove from the heat and quickly whisk in your egg white with a fork, this adds a real creaminess to the oats! – but work fast.
- Add the hemp seeds, raw honey and lastly stir in the Spirulina or greens of choice.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings.