Ferraro Rocher Cookies
Who doesn’t love Ferrero Rocher chocolates? These healthy cookies are a spin on the favourite treat but full of raw cacao, good fats and no sugar. This recipe requires little ingredients and tastes oh so good, it was hard to resist not eating the entire batch. Enjoy!
Cooks in 50 Minutes
- 200g skinless hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. honey (or maple)
- 2 tbsp. coconut nut oil at room temperature
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum or baking powder
- 50g dark chocolate melted
- 25g chopped hazelnuts (roasted are better here)
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Start by pulsing the hazelnuts into a flour( similar consistency of ground almond so it doesn’t have to be too fine), I used my Nutri Bullet for this (1200 watt).
- Pour into a mixing bowl, add the cacao powder and baking agent and combine.
- Next using your hands work in the coconut oil and honey until a firm dough is created.
- Taking sections, spoon 1 tbsp onto a lined baking tray and press flat (1 cm in height).
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes, the cookies will spread a little and brown and will NOT be firm so don’t try lift them from the tray.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 30-45 minutes this is when the cookies will set and develop a delicious crunch.
- Once cooled, drizzle in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnut.