Sweet Potato & Oat Brownies
These gluten-free sweet potato oat flour brownies are rich, fudgy, dense and deliciously sweet. Sweet potato is a great addition to brownie recipes because it adds moisture to the mix. The ingredients are all things you can pick up in your local supermarket.
Cooks in 60 Minutes
- 400g sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 200g oats
- ½ tbsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. honey (maple for vegan option)
- 70g dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a saucepan, steam the sweet potato until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Blend the oats in a food processor or nutribullet until a flour consistency is reached (40 seconds).
- Place the oats in a large mixing bowl, along with the baking powder.
- Blend the sweet potato into a smooth puree in a nutribullet or food processor.
- Melt the coconut oil and set to one side.
- Pour the blended sweet potato along with the honey, melted coconut oil, cacao powder and almond milk into the oats and using a spoon and combine well to create a smooth thick batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into a greased or lined brownie tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes.