Squash & Lentil Dahl
One of my favourite winter comfort bowls. This is a simple, no fuss, one pot dish.
Cooks in 40 Minutes
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 1 onion peeled and diced finely
• 1 “ginger peeled and grated
• 3 cloves pf garlic peeled and crushed
• 3 tbsp. yellow curry paste (I use Maeploy brand)
• 600g diced squash
• 300g split red lentils
• 850ml veggie stock
• 2 tbsp. tomato paste
• 300g spinach
• 1 tin coconut milk
• 1.5 tbsp. wholegrain mustard
• In a large pot over a low to medium heat add the oil and onion.
• Pop the lid on and let sweat for 5-6 minutes until translucent and soft.
• Add the ginger, garlic, and curry paste and cook for a moment.
• Add the squash and stir.
• Pour in the stock, lentils and tomato paste.
• Bring to boil and then lower the heat a little to let simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils are cooked fully and squash is tender.
• The liquid should almost be fully absorbed and the mix will be thick.
• Turn off the heat.
• Stir in the spinach, coconut milk and mustard. Leave sit for 2 minutes.
• Serve alongside some rice or quinoa.