Easy Jackfruit Curry
This easy Jackfruit curry only requires one pot (meaning less time spent washing up, more time relaxing!) and is packed full of flavour. If you’ve never cooked with Jackfruit before don’t worry, this is a really easy recipe to try!
Cooks in 30 Minutes
• 2 tins Jackfruit drained
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 onion chopped
• 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
• 2” ginger peeled and grated
• 2 tbsp. red curry paste
• 350g passata
• 50ml water
• 1.5 tbsp. wholegrain mustard
• ½ tin coconut milk
• 150g spinach leaves
• In a large saucepan over a low to medium heat add the oil and onion.
• Stir and pop the lid on and let sweat for 5-6 minutes until the onion is translucent and tender.
• Add in the garlic, ginger, curry paste and jackfruit.
• Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
• Pour in the passata, water (I put the 50 ml in the passata jar, shake it to collect any excess tomatoes on inside of the jar before pouring it into the saucepan).
• Bring to boil and cook for 3-4 minutes.
• Turn off the heat, stir in the coconut milk, spinach and mustard.
• Leave for 1-2 minutes.
• Serve alongside some rice.