Simple Squash Soup
I have a real love for Butternut Squash. It’s a great addition to curries or stews but I especially love Butternut Squash soup! This soup is really hearty and mixed with all the herbs is full of flavour.
Cooks in 40 Minutes
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 red onion, chopped finely
• 2 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
• 1 small squash peeled, deseeded and chopped into small chunks
• 1 tbsp cumin
• 1 tsp dried sage (or thyme)
• 400ml vegetable stock
• 1 tin coconut milk
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• In a large saucepan over a low- medium heat add the oil and onion. Stir and place the lid on to let sweat for 4-5 minutes until translucent.
• Toss in the garlic, cumin and sage and cook for a minute.
• Add the squash and stock.
• Bring to boil and then lower to a simmer for 12 minutes until the squash is tender.
• Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut milk and season.
• Blend until smooth using a blender or stick blender.
• Serve with some toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of olive oil and season as desired.