Semolina with Blackberry Chia Jam
Anyone else remember semolina growing up? It was a stable bowl of bliss on a cold evening in our house. Along with that, some of my fondest memories with my mum are picking blackberries on the farm and making jam. Semolina is widely available in most stores in the baking section and takes no time at all to whip up a treat.
Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 50g semolina
- 500ml unsweetened Almond milk
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple
- 125g blackberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. honey/maple
- 2 tbsp. Chia seeds
- Firstly start by making the jam. In a small saucepan over a high heat, add the blackberries and lemon, cook until dissolved (you can use a fork to help break up the berries).
- Once the berries are cooked down into a puree, remove from the heat and stir in the honey or maple syrup and chia seeds. Let sit to one side for 15-20 minutes to thicken and bulk up.
- This makes 1 small jar and last up to 3 days in the fridge.
- In saucepan over a medium heat add the milk. Once simmering toss in the semolina and stir and cook for 15 minutes until it is smooth and has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the honey or maple syrup.
- Dollop over with a spoon of jam and enjoy a mouthful of nostalgia.