Chocolate Biscuit Cake
I LOVE Chocolate Biscuit Cake! It was a childhood favourite of mine, so simple yet so delicious! This healthier version is just as simple to make and tastes so good. Like a traditional biscuit cake it takes a bit of time to set but it’s totally worth the wait.
Serves 1 cake
Cooks in 30+ Minutes
- 100g oats
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 50g coconut oil
- 40g ground almond
- 250g medjool dates or regular dates (soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes then drained)
- 400g dark chocolate
- 6 tbsp. almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the biscuit, mix all ingredients in a bowl and combine well. Place the biscuit mix on a tray and press to flatten. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 180°C.
- Once baked, leave to one side to cool.
- Next, melt the chocolate.
- In a mixing bowl add the soaked medjool dates, melted chocolate and almond milk. Blend until smooth (there will be small traces of date and that’s ok).
- Break up the biscuit into large chunks.
- Line a bread tin with parchment paper.
- Pour in the chocolate mix in sections adding the biscuit chunks and layering until the all the chocolate and biscuit is used.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set, approx. 90 minutes.