Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Probably the best veggie dish I think I’ve ever made. My boyfriend Zach keeps asking me to make them on repeat! They’re so much tastier than traditional chicken wings and the added crunch from the quinoa is a winner. I have uploaded a Tasty Style video on how to make these on my Instagram channel for anyone looking for extra guidance. I am so excited for you to make these and I hope they become a regular dish at home just like they have for us.
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 1 small head of cauliflower washed and cut into florets
The Batter Mix
- 120g flour (I used a gluten free blend. Please note some other flours like brown rice and chickpea flour work here too)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/5 tbsp cumin
- 220ml almond milk
- 100g quinoa UNCOOKED blended into a flour I use a Nutri Bullet to do this (it makes a chunky flour)
- 150ml hot sauce
- 2 tbsp maple
- Preheat the oven to 200•C.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, spices and almond milk.
- Add the quinoa “ flour” into a separate bowl.
- Using your hands take a cauliflower floret and cover it in the spice batter then roll it in the quinoa flour and place on a barking tray. Repeat this using up all the florets.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the oven.
- While they are baking in a bowl combine the hot sauce and maple.
- Once the florets have baked for 25 mins, they should be nice a crunchy. Remove and drizzle over the hot sauce and maple mix. Mix it around using your hands (I know it’s messy!) . Place the tray back in the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve alongside some vegan cream cheese/ guacamole or simply alone these are still bloody delicious!