Poached Pears with Oat cream
A simple yet flavoursome dessert.
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 2 pears peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 400ml water
- 4 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
To serve alongside
- 50g mixed nuts and seeds (sesame is great here)
- 30g oats
- 150ml oat milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 5 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil melted
- (or if you don’t want to make cream just use Greek yogurt)
- Starting with the oat cream. Add the oat milk to the oats and let soak for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the vanilla seeds, maple syrup or honey, coconut oil and blend in a food processor or blender until completely smooth. Transfer into a dish and place in the fridge.
- In a large saucepan add the water, turmeric, honey cinnamon stick and pears. Bring to boil and let simmer for 40 minutes until the pears are tender.
- For the nuts, Lightly crush using a pestle and mortar. Transfer to a pan over a high heat and toast for 2 minutes stirring to ensure even colouring until lightly browned.
- Add the pears to a dish or bowl, drizzle over with some oat cream and sprinkle with the toasted nuts & seed mix.