Salted Caramel Protein Bars
With only a handful of ingredients these have become my go to hiking bar for an energy pick up with a cuppa.
Serves 9-10 bars
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 240g vanilla protein powder
- 5 tbsp almond butter
- Pinch of sea salt (if there is none in the almond butter)
- 8 Medjool dates pitted (make sure they’re Medjool and not normal dates)
- 12 tbsp water
- In a food processor add the protein, dates, almond butter and blend into a sand-like texture (I know that doesn’t sound appealing but it tastes good!)
- Slowly add the tbsps of water. When you have added all 12 tablespoons it should be in a smooth dough. Not too wet or not too dry.
- Shape into bars and melt the chocolate.
- Using 2 forks dip into the bowl of melted chocolate and coat the bars and place on a lined flat tray.
- Place in the freezer or fridge until set.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 7 days.