Lemon & White Chocolate Cake
This is a lemon sponge that’s moist yet fluffy. The white chocolate ganache is a complete game changer for cake toppings & if you like a sweet icing this is for you! Filled to the brim with thick coconut yogurt and berries it’s got it all.
Serves 2 8”tins
Cooks in 60 Minutes
- 550g self-raising flour
- 350g caster sugar
- 350g Flora spread
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 400ml oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250g coconut yogurt
- 350g fresh berries
- 150g icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp water (depending on the consistency you like- add 1 tbsp at a time) stir until smooth.
- 200g vegan white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170•C (fan)
- Mix the sugar and butter until creamy using a whisk.
- Sieve in the flour and then add the vanilla, baking soda, zest.
- In a bowl, add the oat milk and the lemon juice and let sit for a minute before adding to the mixing bowl.
- Once added, combine into a batter.
- Spoon into two lined and greased cake tins.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool fully (2-3 hours) leave cool in the tins until cold.
- Tip out carefully and add the icing.