Mushroom & Leek Soup
A total winner in my house. This soup has so much flavour with so few ingredients.
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 1 brown onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 ltr veggie stock
- 2 large leeks diced thinly
- 800g Button mushrooms washed and diced well
- 1 tin coconut milk (light)
- Sweat the onion by heating the olive oil in a large saucepan and adding the onions on a low- medium heat and placing the lid on 6 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the leeks, stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, toss in the mushrooms and turn up the heat. Stirring and cooking for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring the pot to a low steady simmer for 12 -15 minutes (check to make sure the leeks and mushrooms are cooked through).
- Pour in the coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth and season well with ground pepper and sea salt.