Pistachio, Orange & Ginger Hake
Wow, this is such a flavorsome dish! I love fish and eat it everyday, I only have one small issue sometimes white fish can be bland and needs help to get the most out of it. When shopping for fish I always go to a good fish mongers and wild hake is always on my list unfortunately one of the few fish left that’s wild and at a reasonably price. Now before you think this dish looks too fussy I swear it does not take any time at all! It would be a perfect dish to make for friends calling over or as a meal prep option it just has so much flavor, texture and visually its pretty nice too. I serve my fish with some cherry tomato on the vine which I placed on the baking tray along with the fish to bake, roasted sweet potato and fresh salad
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 2 fresh hake fillets
- 50g pistachios
- 1″ ginger – diced finely
- 15g parsley leaves- diced finely
- 8-10 mint leaves – chopped
- zest of ½ orange
- juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Start by Placing the hake fillets individually on some tin foil nested up around the edges, pour over the orange juice evenly and let the hake fillet sit in the orange while you make the crust.
- Firstly, crush the pistachios, using a pestle and mortar grind the pistachios until they are a thick bread crumb texture with a few larger bits.
- Add the ginger, parsley and mint in the pestle and grind for a further minute.
- Pour in the olive oil, orange zest and stir the marinade- it will be a crunch thick paste.
- Layer over the hake fillets smoothing a nice layer on each.
- Place in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes depending on thickness of fillet- you don’t want to over cook the fillet. The crust will be lightly browned and fish pale and flakey.