Avocado & Egg Parma Parcels
The absolute ultimate breakfast, this is complete Avocado & Yolk Porn! The crisp outer layer of the parma matched with the soft texture of the avocado is deeply satisfying. If I could forever live on one egg recipe, this would be it. Although this recipe does require some skills from peeling the perfect egg to wapping the parma, its not rocket science! So don’t be afraid to give it a go. When I make it sometimes I put on 3 eggs just incase I mess up one…. nothing starts your day off bad like an egg that just won’t peel! I think this recipe is a fantastic dish to make for friends calling around for brunch or if you want to impress someone special!
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices parma ham
- 2 ripe avocados
- Preheat the grill on medium-high setting.
- Ok so Firstly this recipe depends on the perfect soft egg so lets get this right. Start by boiling the eggs, add the eggs to a small saucepan covering completely with cold water.
- Place the saucepan over medium- high heat, once the water comes to a boil( like a proper steaming vicious boil) remove from the heat and place a lid on top for 4 minutes to let the eggs keep cooking just a little.
- Once the 4 minutes is up, tip out the hot water –try not burn yourself . Add in cold water immediately, give the eggs a gentle tap to break the shell and let sit in the cold water for a moment or two before gently peeling off the shell.
- Now prep the avocado, cut in half and remove the stone.Depending on egg size you will have to scoop out an oval segment from the centre of both sides of the avocado, lastly using a spoon gently lift away from the skin.
- Place the egg in between the two halves of avocado and cup together with your hand but not too much that the egg bursts.
- Taking one slice of parma at a time securly wrap the avocado until covered.
- Place under the grill for 15 minutes turning after the first 10 minutes.
- Enjoy this eggy avocado sensation and I hope your Yolk is on point.