Olive, Orange & Berry Spelt Muffins
The Perfect breakfast muffin, easy and tasty. I love using spelt flour its one of the only wheat flours I find I can easily tolerate and don’t feel sluggish after I indulge. Spelt has numerous health benefits from containing the full spectrum of all essential fatty acids, and often more minerals and vitamins than other wheat sources. Another plus to spelt is that is very accessible and there are tonnes of great producers of stoneground spelt. This recipe is an all in one mix simply using a mixing bowl and spoon. I used stevia in this recipe to keep the sugar content as low as possible so you’re not starting the day on a high- literally! -there is plenty of natural occurring sugars from the fresh berries and fresh orange. Olive Oil is one of the main ingredients here, make sure you are using a good quality olive oil as you will get a hint of the olive taste which pairs deliciously with the berries and orange.
Cooks in 50 Minutes
- 250g Spelt flour
- tsp Baking powder
- tsp Cinnamon
- 2 ½ tbsp. Granulated stevia
- 150ml Almond milk
- 3 tbsp. Virgin Olive oil
- 125g Blueberries and Raspberries
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a large mixing bowl add in all the ingredients except the berries, mix using a spoon until a creamy smooth batter consistency is reached.
- Stir in the fresh berries and spoon into each muffin case (approx. 2 heaped tbsp. each)
- Bake for 25 minutes until they have risen and are lightly browned.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before digging in.