Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Tarts
Peanut butter and jelly – the perfect combo. I’m always trying to come up with new ways of combining these two ingredients, these healthy tarts are delicious and are like mini cheesecakes – all the textures and flavours together are a big hit! I’ve kept the ingredients to a minimal to make it easy to pick up everything in your local supermarket.
Serves Makes 6 individual mini tarts
Cooks in 60 Minutes
- 200g oats
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 egg
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 250g cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 egg & 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp. stevia
- 1 scoop whey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the oats into a Nutri Bullet or food processor and blend into a fine flour.
- Tip the flour into a medium sized mixing bowl and add the sea salt and coconut oil.
- Using your fingers rub together. Add the water, egg and honey. Using your hands knead into a thick dough.
- Breaking off 6 sections, press each sections into a lined or greased muffin mold/ tin and create a tart case using your fingers by pushing up the dough along the sides of the mold (making sure its even).
- Repeat this to make 6 cases.
- Blind bake the tarts for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- While they are baking in a bowl mash up the raspberries until pureed and place to one side.
- In a Nutri Bullet or food processor add all the filling ingredients and blend until a smooth, thick and creamy texture is formed.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of raspberry puree into each baked tart case and pour the filling over the raspberry puree to cover the top of the pastry.
- Place back in the oven for a further 15- 20 minutes (depending how deep your tart case is) until golden brown on top, there should be a little spongey bounce when you press your finger on top of the filling.