Coconut & Chocolate Butter Spread
This healthy coconut and chocolate butter spread has been lathered on everything in my house! It’s the perfect topping for pancakes, put into smoothies or just eaten straight from the jar – I’m sorry if this leads you to eating the whole jar by yourself but honestly… it’s worth it. This spread tastes just like a bounty bar but a healthier version 🙂
Serves 1 jar
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 350g desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. spearmint or mint essence or vanilla
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- In your food processor, pulse the ingredients for the coconut layer until a paste forms, depending on how strong your processor is the smoothness will vary but try get it as smooth as possible.
- Spoon 1/3 of this mix into a medium sized jar and place in the fridge.
- For the chocolate layer, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and whisk in the cacao powder and maple until smooth and no separation between the ingredients.
- Pour 1/3 of the chocolate mix in the jar, try avoid letting it run down along the sides of the jar (for appearance purposes only).
- Set to the freezer/fridge to set.
- Once the chocolate layer has set repeat the process with both layers (refer to picture).
- Store in the fridge with a lid on the jar for up to 2 weeks.