Beef Taco Salad with Cashew Dip
Salads don’t have to be boring! This delicious Beef Taco Salad is so easy to make, bursting with flavour and you can customise ingredients to suit the whole family – this salad recipe is one are all guaranteed to love! This salad is great to have prepped especially after a gym session as its full of nurtrients and protein.
I made this salad with my creamy cashew dip – these two perfectly compliment each other so make sure you make the dip too.
Serves 4 portions
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 380g beef mince
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 large red chilli (diced)
- 1 small red onion (diced finely)
- 2 handfuls of coriander leaves (chopped)
- 100g corn
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 100g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 large sweet potato (halved)
- 150g spinach leaves
- 200g cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup water
- Roast the sweet potato and the red pepper for 30 minutes at 200 until tender.
- In a large skillet over a high heat, add a tbsp. olive oil. Once sizzling, add the beef and break up using a wooden spoon.
- Once fully browned, add in the hot sauce and stir fir further 2-3 minutes.
- Now plate it all up, add the spinach leaves to the base, then the tomatoes, corn, black beans, cubed sweet potato, red onion and lastly the beef.
- For the dip, blend all ingredients, soaked cashews, roasted red pepper, olive oil and water. Once blended, serve as a side dip with the beef taco salad.