Salads don’t have to be boring! This delicious Beef Taco Salad is so easy to make, bursting with flavour and you can customise ingredients to suit the whole family – this salad recipe is one are all guaranteed to love! This salad is great to have prepped especially after a gym session as its full of nurtrients and protein.
I made this salad with my creamy cashew dip – these two perfectly compliment each other so make sure you make the dip too.
- 380g beef mince
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 large red chilli (diced)
- 1 small red onion (diced finely)
- 2 handfuls of coriander leaves (chopped)
- 100g corn
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 100g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 large sweet potato (halved)
- 150g spinach leaves
- 200g cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup water
- Roast the sweet potato and the red pepper for 30 minutes at 200 until tender.
- In a large skillet over a high heat, add a tbsp. olive oil. Once sizzling, add the beef and break up using a wooden spoon.
- Once fully browned, add in the hot sauce and stir fir further 2-3 minutes.
- Now plate it all up, add the spinach leaves to the base, then the tomatoes, corn, black beans, cubed sweet potato, red onion and lastly the beef.
- For the dip, blend all ingredients, soaked cashews, roasted red pepper, olive oil and water. Once blended, serve as a side dip with the beef taco salad.