Peanut Butter Brownies
This super fudgy brownie recipe combines two of the greatest foods, peanut butter and cacao! Get stuck into these guilt free brownies 🙂
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 200g peanut butter smooth
- 4 tbsp.(60ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1.1/2 ripe bananas
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp. coconut cream (1 full can coconut milk refrigerated – it will separate into hard white cream and water/milk- use 2 tbsp. of the hard white cream)
- 35g dark chocolate- vegan/dark -your preference
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter smooth
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil room temp. (so slightly softened)
- 50g chopped roasted peanuts
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, maple, baking powder, cacao powder, salt and essence. Stir to combine into a smooth batter.
- In a separated bowl, mash the bananas using a fork into a thick puree (don’t blend or whisk them).
- Add the bananas into the bowl and combine well.
- Pour into a lined brownie tin (I used 4″x6″).
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before drizzling over the ganache.
- To make the chocolate ganache, start by melting the chocolate. Then, stir in the coconut cream until it becomes a thick sauce and place to one side.
- For the peanut ganache, combine the peanut butter and the coconut oil into a smooth thick sauce with no separation.
- Once the brownies have cooled dollop over the peanut and chocolate ganache in sections. Using a skewer, swirl the two into each other (don’t overdo it) and sprinkle over the peanuts.
- Place into the fridge for the ganache to set.
- Enjoy! Keep stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.