NBF Banana Split
A Classic dessert made a tad healthier. This is a great recipe for a fast dessert fix in minutes. You can make it your own by adding your favourite toppings, or whatever in the kitchen press!
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil/Cooking Oil
- 3 tbsp. Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Whey Vanilla Protein (optional) or
- 3 tbsp. Coyo
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Cacao Powder
- Handful Toasted Flaked Almonds
- For the filling, combine the Greek yogurt and protein until smooth, if using Coyo you don’t need to prep this section.
- Likewise for the chocolate sauce mix until there is no separation and heat for 40 seconds, leave to one side until ready to use.
- Prepare a non stick frying pan over medium to high heat and add the cooking oil.
- Once melted place on the whole banana and drizzle over the maple, cook for 2-3 minutes lightly browning the outside.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the banana to serving plate.
- Using a knife cut length ways about ¾ deep, creating a hammock effect.
- Spoon in the Greek yogurt and protein mix.
- Drizzle in the chocolate sauce and sprinkle over the flaked almonds.