Lemon Drizzle Cake
A moist yet fluffy vanilla sponge with a strong citrus glaze topped with freeze-dried raspberries.
I used a 1×8” round tin for this cake.
Serves 1 cake
Cooks in 60 Minutes
- 275g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g vegetable spread (or other butter alternatives) make sure it’s soft or broken up into small pieces
- 200ml oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g icing sugar
- Juice of 1 and a half lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Handful freeze-dried raspberries (optional as decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 170• C
- In a jug add the oat milk and lemon juice and let stand for 1 minute.
- Now in a mixing bowl or food blender add all the cake ingredients (yes no need to sieve flour) into a thick creamy batter.
- Line the cake tin and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Leave cool completely for 1 hour before gently tipping out of the tin.
- For the glaze- add the icing sugar, lemon juice, and zest into a bowl stir until smooth.
- Using a skewer make a few incisions around the cake before pouring over the glaze so it can trickle down into the sponge.
- Pour over the glaze – eat now or let the glaze set.