This is a very simple shortbread biscuit recipe perfect for Tomorrow’s Table. This recipe can be adapted to suit your taste preferences and of course a chance to experiment with different flavours, textures and shapes! This sweet dough is perfect to get creative with making other types of biscuits and can really become a good base for many desserts and tart cases! Its a fun and easy recipe for cooking with children! When it comes to shaping the biscuits, It is important to take sections to roll out as this gluten free/paleo mix wont have the bind that regular flours have, don’t forget to freeze any extra dough for another days baking.
Serves Makes 10 biscuits
Cooks in Minutes
- 400g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp Dairygold
- tsp lavender/vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- tsp baking powder
- Option – Add 25g chopped nuts of choice
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place the ground almond and baking powder in a mixing bowl along with the Dairygold, using your finger tips rub together to create a breadcrumb like mix.
- Spoon in the honey and lavender, once again using your hands to make a dough ,which should easily stick together.
- Taking sections roll out the almond dough and cut into fingers, 1 -2 cm thick depending how you like it.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
- Let cool for 10 minutes to firm up, avoiding any crumbles!