Friendly French Toast
Everyone’s favourite brunch option is back on the menu, so next Sunday when your feeling worse for wear and just as the fear sets in, treat yourself with this healthy yet satisfying breakfast. You can prep this the night before or about 30 minutes before. I found great bread options in blazing salads but also in many of the gluten free sections of supermarkets or local bakery’s. I got turkey rashers in Dunnes Stores , and stevia & xylitol are available in all health stores. So put these on the weeks shopping list and prepare for a mouth watering experience! They’re so good!!!
Cooks in Minutes
- Gluten free/ spelt loaf /multigrain – I bought a gluten free, dairy free
& yeast free loaf in blazing salads
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp stevia/ xylitol powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- turkey/bacon rashers
- agave/maple/ coconut nectar- to serve
- Beat the eggs, milk & cinnamon together.Pour into a flat baking or glass tray.
- Put the 2 slices of bread in the mixture and let it absorb on both sides for a minimum of 30 min- or overnight.
- Heat the frying pan adding 1 tbsp coconut oil , carefully take the bread out (remember it will be very wet so it breaks easily). Sprinkle the stevia/ or xylitol evenly on both sides of each slice – press in with back of spoon.
- Place in pan and leave on each side until golden brown (roughly 5 min each side – but keep an eye on them).
**optional top with turkey rashers or bacon -I used turkey rashers with a drizzle of coconut nectar /maple or agave.