Buns of Steel-Oozing Almond Protein Buns
I wanted to make something simple with only three ingredients everyone has lying around( well…most people) Its a very short prep time so its perfect for when your craving something sweet but can’t wait. They’re baked on the outside with a deliciously hot almond caramel in the centre.
* They are very filling!!!
Serves Makes 1 large bun
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1 heaped tbsp almond butter
- Preheat oven 190ºC
- Cook time; 10 minutes
- Blend together using an electric whisk, it should be a caramel texture when ready
- Spoon in to a silicone cupcake case. I placed mine on a glass baking tray as you turn them over during baking
- Place in oven to bake for 7 minutes, after they should be quiet hard on top, so then turn them over for the last 3 minutes to make sure the bottom gets cooked
- Leave aside for 2 minutes to cool