Clever Coco Pops
Your favourite child hood breakfasts is back with a snap crackle and pop! This is a really simple and easy recipe very similar to making granola and takes only a few minutes to whip up a bowl. If you like an added crunch like me, I used buckwheat grouts, they may not sound appealing but they’re delicious- highly recommend. But if you want to keep it simple it’s great just the way it is.
**buckwheat groats – available in all health food stores
**quinoa pops – health food stores – nourish, health matter, down to earth & other independent stores.
Serves Makes 1 bowl
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 1 cup quinoa pops – *optional to add buckwheat – then 1/2 cup of quinoa 1/2 cup of buckwheat groats.
- 1 tsp cinnamon*optional
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg * optional
- tsp vanilla essence
- preheat oven 220ºC
- Put coconut oil, & maple/honey in a bowl and melt in microwave, try not to let it boil ( 25 sec should be enough)
- Stir in the essence and spices if using. Mix in the quinoa pops and stir until they’re covered completely in the mixture. ( if using buckwheat its the same method)
- Place on a baking tray and pop in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes, be sure to toss them around every 2 minutes until they are all golden brown.