Quinoa “Rice” Crispy Squares
You may find yourself eating the whole tray to yourself (like me) so make sure you ask friends over to help! I know I’m also obsessed with quinoa but its functions are never ending, its just so diverse!!! These are so simple to make, and don’t worry quinoa pops are available in most health food stores, “biofar” seems to be the main brand I have seen around.
Serves 12 large squares
Cooks in Minutes
- 5 heaped tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup of maple syrup/ agave
- 3.1/2 cups quinoa pops
- 1.1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein *optional – but it adds great flavour!
- Melt the almond butter and sweetener in a saucepan at very low heat, (don’t let it come to boil) until it is a nice runny liquid
- Remove from the heat and add in quinoa pops and protein
- Mix until it is all covered
- Spoon into a lined baking tray. Spread it evenly and press down 2″ roughly
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes to golden the top, leave aside to set (min 2 hours-before cutting)
**optional – baking is not necessary you can leave it set overnight without baking