Easy Egg bread
Bread? Sign me up especially if its homemade and easy to make! I just love oat breads, I’m constantly experimenting to make so many variations because when you’re super busy and sometimes a little stressed, a slice of bread toasted with a cup of tea is bliss and almost the cure to everything. This bread is so delicious toasted with a little spread of honey, its crunchy crust and slightly sweet fluffy texture is just pure heaven. The seeds add a really nice bit of bite too for an all over taste sensation. I created this recipe as part of an egg demo I am hosting at Bloom in the Park with Bord Bia today, along with some other tasty egg recipes you’ll get to see very soon!
Serves 1 loaf
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 220g oats (optional to use GF oats)
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 90g mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for at least 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the banana, eggs, oats, baking agents, apple cider vinegar and honey. Blend for a few seconds into a smooth-ish batter (there will still be oats visible).
- Stir in the seeds and spoon out into a lined bread tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the top is hard to tap. Leave cool fully in the tin before slicing!