Straight A Potion
Disclaimer; must be supplemented with good study and sleep! I remember the week of my leaving cert, I read somewhere that mushrooms help with memory. So, I ate mushrooms every day for breakfast before my exams! That may not have worked but I wish I knew Tom back then! I asked Tom to come up with a tonic, a pre-exam tonic to help me relax but also stimulate the mind.
This tastes so good, as a tonic or a smoothie. It’s delicious and a fantastic start to any busy day full of meetings, lectures or exams! Don’t forget to check out Toms page @the.mental.herbalist for loads of home remedies and how to turn food into medicine!
Serves Serves 2
Cooks in 15 Minutes
- 300 ml of almond milk (or alternative, rice/ coconut)
- 2 capsules of Ashwagandha powder
- 2 capsules of turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- Add all ingredients into a glass and mix well.
- Alternatively you can heat the milk first if you prefer a warm drink.
- To make a smoothie version – add ingredients to a nutribullet, add extra milk and one banana and some chia seeds.