Chocolate & Wild Berry Fudge Cake
Looking for a healthier alternative to a glutinous chocolate cake? This is it! Super easy and not a huge amount of ingredients.
Serves 1 cake
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 220g dark chocolate (can opt for vegan chocolate here too)
- 8 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 eggs or flax eggs
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 8 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- 80g dark chocolate
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated.
- 200g mixed berries (blackberries, raspberries, cherries, cranberries, currants & some orange peel!)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil, combine with all the cake ingredients using a spoon until a smooth thick batter is reached.
- Pour into a lined/greased cake tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the cake is done, remove from the oven and let cook for ten minutes before lifting it from the tin and adding the frosting.
- While the cake is cooling, melt the chocolate for the topping. Open to coconut milk can and scrap out the hardened cream on top (roughly 3-4 tbsp.) stir this solid cream into the melted chocolate until it thickens into a creamy frosting.
- Dollop onto the top of the cake and evenly spread.
- Finish with a garnish of wild berries or regular berries.