A perfect meal prep lunch 🥕 to try out. It takes less than 30 minutes to whip up and most of the ingredients you can buy in your local shop. I prep soup about once a week as a snack or a meal. If I’m having soup as a meal I serve it alongside some of my vegan quinoa oat bread or toss in some extra toppings like quinoa, hemp seeds and toasted seeds to bulk up the calories. If anyone has tried my parsnip and lemongrass soup from my first cookbook you’ll love this. The coconut gives a delicious sweetness and the ginger gives a nice sharp edge! One thing I will say is portion it out at the start if it’s for meal prep. I ended up having my week supply in 2 days haha! That’s so me!
- 6 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 onion diced finely
- 5 “ inch ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tin full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp. cardamom (can leave out but it’s so good!) you can sub cumin if you want too!
- 650 veg stock (I used 1 & a 1/4 cubes of the Kallo yeast free cubes)
- Start by adding oil and diced onion to a pot over a low to medium heat, stir and place the lid on for 6-8 mins (depending how small you diced that onion) until translucent and wilted.
- Add the ginger, spice and carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a steady simmer (medium – high heat) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Scoop into a blender or use a Nutri Bullet and in sections, blend super super smooth. Pour back into the pot and stir in the coconut milk! Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.