A Turkish Breakfast
For those of you who don’t follow me on social I spent some of my Christmas holidays in Istanbul – my favourite City to date! I loved everything about the place from the people, culture and of course the food. The traditional Turkish breakfast made getting up for the breakfast exciting and oh so worth it. A traditional breakfast is comprised of boiled eggs, a mix of raw nuts, dried fruits including figs and apricots, honey (which tasted so good there), traditional jams, toasted breads (simit is a typical sesame bagel style bread there), a mix of cheeses, olive in oil and diced tomatoes.
Of course I got slightly obsessed with this mix of sweet and savoury and almost pick and mix breakfast so when I got home I had to somewhat make a Irish style version whilst being simple and one you could have every day.
Cooks in 15 Minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. Feta cheese
- Ryvita sesame quinoa crisps
- 5 olives
- 2 tsp. local hard set honey
- 3 fresh figs (I much prefer fresh figs to dried!)
- 8 diced cherry tomatoes
- Nutmost activated nuts (as many as you like :))
- Boil the eggs for 6 minutes.
- Once boiled, sprinkle paprika over them.
- Place all ingredients on a dish and enjoy!