Black Forest Gateau Pancakes
Berries & chocolate,a perfect combination for a breakfast favourite; the pancake stack! Paired with this 2 minute berry sauce and creamy greek yogurt you would never think it was a 100% natural & healthy. The consistancy is a little thicker to a usual batter due to the coconut flour but gives a lovely crumpet style texture!
**When layering the stack I put a tablespoon of greek yogurt in-between each one.
Place the rest of the berries in a bowl and microwave on hight for 2 minutes, checking after the first minute and stirring.Add a teaspoon of stevia and mix using a fork.
Cooks in Minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cacao
- 1 tsp carob ( or another tsp cacao)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder(I use a gluten free brand)
- 3 tsp stevia ( 2 for the batter and 1 for the sauce)
- 3 large tablespoons of coconut flour
- 3 cups of berries (I used raspberries and blueberries)
- 4 tbsp greek yogurt(topping optional)
- Combine the coconut flour, stevia, baking powder, cacao/carob.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, essence and milk.
- Using a fork mix the dry and wet ingredients together until a smooth batter forms.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of berries chopped in half.
- In a frying pan melt a little coconut oil, make sure the pan is extremely hot, once you spoon the batter and spread it, lower the heat immediately to a moderate temperature.
- Cook both sides.