Beetroot, Hazelnut & Goats Cheese Quinoa Tartlet
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil/ kerry gold butter
- Water 3-4 tbsp
- Pinch of sea salt
- 200g cooked beetroot
- 3 tbsp apple cider balsamic
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 red onion
- Handful fresh thyme
- 100g soft goats cheese
- Preheat oven 180°C
- Place the quinoa and pumpkin seeds into a food processor and blend until a fine flour forms.
- Place in a bowl, stir in the salt and rub in the coconut oil or butter with your hands.
- Pour in the water a little bit at a time until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into your tart dish evenly.
- Dice the red onion and place in a saucepan on medium heat with a little oil, sautee until softened, remove from heat & stir in the honey and balsamic.
- With the beetroot slice thinly or grate which ever you prefer, place in a bowl with the onion mix, and roughly chopped hazelnuts.
- Stir in the thyme, and crumbled goats cheese.
- Spoon into your quinoa crust and bake for 40 minutes.