Warning: once you start you cannot stop and if you do, you deserve a medal! I made these accidentally while trying to make but with cookies on my mind as treat for later! Let’s just say it was a very happy disaster. If you want an ultimate treat this week these are the answer.
- 60 g coconut oil
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 200g ground almond
- 5 tbsp. Smooth almond butter
- 60g oats 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp. Unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch sea salt
- 70g vegan dark chocolate chopped into chunks ( 30-40g extra if you want to add a thin layer of chocolate to the top of the bars- like me)
- Preheat oven to 180•C
- Start by blitzing the oats in to a flour consistency using a Nutri Bullet.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Tip the oat flour into a bowl and add all the ingredients (except the chocolate chunks) and mix into a smooth batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the mix into a lined bread tin, smooth out the top using the back of a spoon and bake for 30 minutes until the edges are browned and top is golden. Leave for 10-15 minutes before slicing!