Walnut & Raisin Bread
I can’t take the credit for this one, my sister Rachel is a bit of a wiz in the kitchen. She has been creating the most delicious breads that are a perfect snack option and take away the pan slice withdrawals! The mixture of textures alone with the natural sweetness from the dried fruit means the bread is perfect to eat alone and tastes just as good the first day as it does the third. Also it couldn’t be any easier to make the ingredients are cheap, easy to find and won’t take up much of your time.
PALEO, DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, REFINED SUGAR FREE, LOW-CARB
Cooks in Minutes
- 250G Ground almonds
- 100G Walnuts – toasted
- 5 eggs
- 50g raisins/golden berries – NUA NATURALS range are delicious
- 30g toasted almond flakes
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder – gluten free versions available
- PREHEAT OVEN 180ºC (very important)
- Whisk the eggs, honey and coconut oil by hand.
- Add in the ground almond, baking powder and cinnamon – mix well into a thick batter.
- Stir in the toasted almonds, toasted walnuts and raisins.
- Pour into a lined baking tin and bake for 35 minutes.