Gooey Chocolate Brownies With ‘White Chocolate Chips’
This was a random baking experiment that went amazingly well! These are my new favourite for that guilt free, ‘happy place’ recipe! I can’t get over how gooey & gorgeous the brownies are, I usually make this recipe but place more almonds in and use honey but this way offers a much better texture that seems like pure indulgence. The white chocolate was part of another dessert I was prepping and didn’t want it to go to waste, and oh boy am I glad I didn’t, this is a must try! VEGAN FRIENDLY, PALEO, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE AND REFINED SUGAR FREE.
Serves 14 squares
Cooks in Minutes
- 1.1/2 cups Ground Almonds- available in all supermarkets in baking section
- 10 tbsp cacao powder (1 cup) MAKE SURE ITS 100% RAW CACAO POWDER, SUGAR-FREE
- 15 medjool dates pitted, available in all large supermarkets
- 2 medium bananas ( 6-7′)
- tbsp Baking powder (gluten free version available)
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 90g cashew butter or **250 g cashews- I made my own but if you don’t have a high power food processor its better to buy the cashew already in butter form
- 110g cacao butter – I use Nua Naturals range available in health stores
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Melt the cacao butter and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a food proccessor until smooth like thick liquid .
- Pour onto a tray or in moulds and place in freezer until hard. (20-30 min)
- Once hard, chop into chunks.
- Preheat oven 180ºC
- Place all the brownie ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth, your looking for a wet dough consistency like the reference picture below (5-6 minutes). I mixed it in two batches to blend it really well!
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Spoon into a lined baking tin, or 2 bread tins.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, depending on thickness (mine were roughly 1.1/2″ thick). Leave sit aside for 10 minutes before removing from tin, cutting & devouring!