Vegan Winter Crumble
I love crumble! It’s a dessert I pretty much grew up on, my mum always baked it. I love the mixture of stewed fruit and crunchy topping from the nuts and seeds.
Cooks in 45 Minutes
• 175g rolled oats
• 100g mixed seeds or nuts (if using nuts chop)
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 4 tbsp. coconut sugar/can sugar
• 2 tbsp. coconut oil, vegan butter
• 2 “ginger peeled and grated
• 4 pears/plums, washed, sliced thinly, stem and stones removed
• 250g berries (raspberry/blackberries/blueberries fresh or frozen)
• Juice of 1 orange
• Serve with coconut, soya or almond yogurt
• Preheat the oven to 180C.
• In a medium sized baking dish, add the diced fruit and berries.
• Combine the orange juice and grated ginger, stir and pour over the fruit.
• Add the oats, seeds, coconut sugar and cinnamon into a medium sized mixing bowl and toss.
• Melt the coconut oil and pour over and stir to coat all the oats and seeds.
• Tip this topping mix over the fruit and spread evenly to cover the top of the dish.
• Bake for 40 minutes until the top is golden and the fruit below has wilted and softened.
• Turn the heat off and Let stand in the oven for 10 minutes before serving.