This vegan stuffing recipe is packed full of flavour and everyone at the Christmas dinner will LOVE it.
Cooks in 30 Minutes
• 1 brown onion diced finely
• 2 sticks celery chopped thinly
• 8 fresh sage leaves – roughly chopped
• 1 large garlic clove peeled and diced finely
• 2 sprigs of rosemary – sprigs removed and leaves chopped
• 2 sprigs thyme leaves (sprigs removed and discarded)
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• ½ small brambly apple – grated in large cuts
• 120g whole almonds
• 50g walnuts
• Pinch of salt
• Start by adding the oil into a saucepan over a medium heat. Add in the onions and sweat them with the lid on for 6 minutes until tender and almost translucent (do not let them brown).
• Next, stir in the celery, garlic and herbs and cook for 5 minutes combining all the flavours. The celery and onion should be cut very finely so that at this stage they have only a tiny bit of bite and are mostly tender. Stir in the grated apple and cook for 1 minute.
• Remove from the heat and leave to one side while you prepare the nuts.
• In a food processor add the walnuts and almonds and blend for 40 seconds to a 1 minute until they are broken down into a breadcrumb like texture.
• Stir the nuts and a pinch of salt.
• Place the mix into an oven proof dish and bake for 10 minutes at 180°C. Or if you’re using it for stuffing ( in butternut squash or other veg) you can skip this step.