Apple Cinnamon Rolls
I can’t even begin to describe how good these are, you’ll just have to make them yourselves to see. This is the ultimate vegan dessert!
Cooks in 45 Minutes
• 1 sheet of vegan puff pastry
• 100g vegan butter
• 4 tbsp. coconut sugar or cane sugar
• 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
• 2 small brambly apples peeled and diced into small chunks (1 cm)
• 100g icing sugar
• 2-3 tbsp. water
• Preheat oven to 200°C
• It’s important to follow the pastry instructions. E.g. Thaw properly and leave sit before rolling and baking for optimum results.
• In a bowl combine the (solid) sugar, cinnamon and vegan butter.
• Roll out the puff pastry flat and spread over the sugar butter evenly.
• Sprinkle over the apple pieces, coating the sugar butter.
• Roll up the pastry and cut into 3-4-inch slices.
• Place in a baking dish stacked tightly beside one another or separate on a baking tray. .
• Bake for 20-25 minutes.
• Let cool for 10 minutes before icing.
• For the icing, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and add the water 1 tbsp. at a time to reach a thick creamy consistency and then drizzle over the rolls.