VEGAN Hazelnut Muffins
I don’t think I have been hounded for a recipe as much as this one after I made it over on instagram stories.Well, it’s finally here, a delicious fluffy muffin with minimal ingredients and all the taste. I made this recipe using innocent dairy free hazelnut as part of my work with them, opt for whichever nut drink you want here the toasted hazelnuts themselves give a really nice flavour to the muffin already. Enjoy these and don’t forget to tag me in your recreations over on instagram @naturalbornfeeder.
Cooks in 35 Minutes
- 200g oats
- 120g roasted skinless hazlenuts
- 3.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 5 tbsp Maple syrup
- 200ml innocent hazelnut drink or almond works here too
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 80g chocolate chips
- pinch sea salt
50g chocolate pieces
2 handfuls extra roasted hazelnuts broken up
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a blender blitz the oats and hazelnuts into a thick flour consistency.
- Tip the “flours”into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix into a smooth thick batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon approx. 3 tbsp of batter to each muffin case evening it out to fill 8 cases.
- Optional- Top with extras.
- Bake for 30 minutes- leave cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 days.